A pump-type sensor that directly measures viscosity of pastes
Designed for measuring the viscosity of heavy paste-like materials and non-flowing products. Provides variable shear rates for detecting pseudoplastic and thixotropic behavior when used with standard Brookfield Viscometers and Rheometers.
The Spiral Adapter has an inner, threaded spindle surrounded by a concentric outer cylinder. This combination causes the sample to be continually pumped up through the Spiral Adapter. The material reaches a steady state of flow during which viscosity is measured. The steady-state measurement is less sensitive to sample handling and minor material variations than other viscosity measuring methods. At various rotating speeds, the Brookfield Viscometer/Rheometer provides viscosity data at different shear rates. The resulting rheogram from an up/down speed ramp supplies important information on the psuedoplastic and thixotropic behavior of the test material.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Performs measurements compatible with industry specifications
- Provides viscosity data that show pseudoplastic and thixotropic properties of test samples
- Delivers repeatable measurements within ±2%
- Works with any standard Brookfield Viscometer/Rheometer
- Simple and fast to operate; easy to clean
- Optional software computes shear sensitivity factor
Other paste-like materials