LAS MkI / 150 Upgrade
- Stand-alone operation
- Range 100 m to 4.5 km
- Built-in data logger
- Built-in data processing
LAS MkI / 150 Upgrade
To improve existing LAS instruments (LAS150) for customers, there is an upgrade service available which converts the LAS150 (produced in 2002 and 2003) or the LAS MkI (2004-2011) to have all the functionality of a LAS MkII. It gets all the benefits of the new version (digital electronics with an internal microprocessor and flash storage, integral display and keypad, plus new internal optics with increased range), whilst retaining the original housing and mounting.
The upgrade includes a GPS receiver for accurate time synchronisation and also includes calibration against the Kipp & Zonen reference instrument.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Advantages of the LAS MkII and upgrade:
- It is the only scintillometer currently available with a built-in display and control-pad, for easy configuration and installation. It has internal digital processing to make calculations in-situ, to store data, and show real time results on the built-in display.
- No absolute instrument calibration is needed, but a certificate is supplied with each instrument detailing a calibration against the K&Z reference instrument, performed outdoors for 2 weeks.
- Fast and continuous measurements over path lengths from 100 m up to 4.5 km.
- Low maintenance, no moving parts.
- Low power consumption.
- Integrated lens heater to avoid freezing of the instrument or condensation on the window, and provide good data in cold environments.
- Integral data logging.
- Both digital output for direct PC connection, and analogue outputs provided. The serial or analogue outputs can be used for customised logging on external data loggers or networks.
- Accurate time synchronised with GPS.
- Evation software for downloading and processing flux data, provided free.
- Optional meteorological sensor (wind speed, air temperature and pressure sensors) plugs directly in the sensor port.
|Path length||100 m to 1 km (10 cm aperture), 250 m to 4.5 km (aperture 15 cm)|
|Dimensions||420 x 320 x 230 mm. (LxHxD) 13.5 kg|
|Scintillation bandwidth||10e-17 to 10e-11|
|Power requirements LAS MkII||12 VDC, 6 W (54 W max. with heaters on)|
|Data processing||Internal processing of Cn2, sensible heat flux and other parameters. Built-in data logger. GPS time.|
|Control and display||Integrated display and key-pad or remote via digital interface|
|Interfaces||Digital RS-232/422, analog output 0 to 2.4 V|
|Software||EVATION® (instrument control and data analysis suite)|
Contact Us Directly