Base Mounted Reels
Key Features – Metal Reels
– Spool and internal prestressed power spring are stainless steel
– Baseplate is zinc plated steel with a nylon cable grommet
– Cable is 0.024” stainless steel, 7×3 construction and includes ring terminal
– Reels available with 0.5 lb, 1.0 lb, 1.5 lb and 2.0 lb pull force
Key Features – Plastic Reels
– Housing, spool and base are plastic (Acetal)
– Internal prestressed power spring is stainless steel
– Coated cables are 0.018” stainless steel nylon coated to 0.024”, 7×7 construction and include ring terimal
– Uncoated cables are 0.032” stainless steel, 7×3 construction and include ring terminal
– Reels available with 0.5 lb, 1.0 lb, 1.5 lb, 2.0 lb and 3.0 lb pull force
Base mounted reels are often used for repositioning cables and wiring harnesses. These reels are a popular choice for managing cables on network and server racks.
Compact and lightweight, these cable retractors are a drop-in solution for design engineers and OEMs needing light amounts of tension or retraction.
Our base mounted reels are available in metal or plastic. Both types use a prestressed power spring (Spirator).
Metal reels have an exposed cable and spool which allows the end user to adjust the spring tension.
Our plastic ML4575 series reels have a closed case construction making the spring unit tamper-proof when mounted.
Both types of reel have a 2” x 2-3/8” base and are less than 7/8” in height. These compact spring reels range in force between 0.5 lbs and 2.0 lbs.
Nylon coated and uncoated stainless steel cables are available.
Select from our list of standard base mounted reels in this Selection Guide below where you can also find detailed information about our models.
You can also use below chart for reference to find out exactly which of our Hunter Spring base mounted reels that suits your needs.
Request more information to see how we can help you with a mechanical reel solution that suits your need.
Contact Us Directly