958A Embedded Rod Style Linear Position Sensor
The GEMCO® 958 Series Embedded Linear Displacement Transducer (LDT) was developed to meet the most demanding processing challenges found in the mobile hydraulics industry, regardless of application or operating environment.
The highly versatile 958 LDT offers absolute accuracy and reliability with high resolution and precision repeatability. The Embedded LDT is resistant to contaminants and environmental conditions and is IP68 rated. Its rugged and durable mill-duty construction exceeds competitive offerings. Its vibration resistance is lab tested at 30 Gs and shock resistance is lab tested at 1000 Gs. The LDT is easy to install and set up. It features the latest generation of Magnetostrictive position-sensing technology with automatic gain circuitry. Custom configurations are available to meet specific end user requirements. The 958 family is an ideal Cylinder Position Sensor with absolute feedback.
- Analog Outputs, 0-10 VDC, 0-5 VDC, .25-4.75 VDC, .5-4.5VDC, 4-20mA
- High Shock Resistance to 1000Gs (lab tested)
- High Vibration Resistance to 30Gs (lab tested)
- Resolution to 16-bits
- Linearity +/- 0.04%
- Wide Input Range of 8-30 VDC
- Wide Temperature Range of -40°C to 105°C
- IP68 Rating
- Programmable Zero & Span
- Sensor Length up to 100″
- Multiple Connector Options
958A – Analog Output
- The 958A was designed with mobile hydraulics market in mind. The 958A is a rugged, accurate, programmable zero & span, auto-tuning, non-contact linear displacement transducer in a compact embedded rod-style package. The embedded package style allows the unit to be totally installed inside of a hydraulic cylinder, thus protecting the transducer from outside conditions. The transducer utilizes our field-proven Magnetostrictive technology to give absolute analog position, accurate to 0.04% of the programmable sensing distance. A variety of different analog outputs are available to meet your needs. All units have diagnostic built into the analog output to display the health of the unit and to help aid in troubleshooting. Units can be ordered in span lengths from 2” (50mm) to 100” (2540mm).
Contact Us Directly