Falling Ball Viscometer
- Pivot bearing allows for quick and easy tube rotation – ideal for repeat tests
- Connection to circulating bath for temperature control of sample
- Set of six balls to test a wide variety of samples
- Complete with temperature probe
- Accuracy 0.5% to 2.0% depending on ball being used
The Höppler principle is used to measure the viscosity of Newtonian liquid by measuring the time required for a ball to fall under gravity through a sample-filled tube that is inclined at an angle. The average time of three tests is taken; the result is converted into a viscosity value using a simple formula.