Enhanced UL Adapter
Ideal for low viscosity materials.
The Enhanced Brookfield UL Adapter is used with any standard Brookfield Viscometer and Rheometer to make accurate and reproducible measurements on low viscosity materials. Newtonian and non-Newtonian materials can be measured. It is most commonly used with the LV series instrument (at 60 rpm, these models have a full scale range of 1-10 cP with the UL Adapter). The UL Adapter consists of a precision cylindrical spindle rotating inside an accurately machined tube. Its rheologically correct cylindrical geometry provides extremely accurate viscosity measurements and shear rate determinations. The tube has a removable end cap which allows the open ended tube to be used in a beaker or tank. With the cap in place, the closed tube can be immersed in a temperature bath or used with the ULA-40Y water jacket for precise temperature control. Working temperature range is from -1°C to 100°C.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Ideal for low viscosity materials
- Stainless steel parts are easily cleaned
- Removable cap of low density polyethylene can be considered disposable for one-time use if required
- Reduces measuring range to as low as 1 cP, depending on viscometer used
- Small sample size: 16 mL
- Simple attachment to a standard Brookfield Viscometer or DV3T Rheometer
- Cylindrical geometry provides defined shear rates for detailed product analysis
- Longer coupling nut for better grip and twist action to connect spindle to viscometer
- Redesigned bracket for attaching ULA assembly to viscometer. Provides more clearance for finger grip on coupling nut
QUICK & EASY REMOVAL OF CHAMBER
- Simply loosen thumbwheel and chamber slides down and out
- Permits rapid testing of multiple samples by swapping out chambers
- Choice of leaving spindle attached to viscometer or disconnecting and removing it with chamber
- Water jacket sleeve remains in place attached to the viscometer while the chamber and/or spindle only are removed. Saves set up time for the operator.
UNIQUE ULA ASSEMBLY DESIGN PROVIDES MULTIPLE BENEFITS
- Sturdy collar attaches to locating channel assembly which is connected to the viscometer pivot cup
- Sample chamber is held firmly in place by the collar which provides proper alignment for the spindle rotation within the chamber
- Universal coupling nut on spindle ensures firm connection with viscometer and automatic self-centering of spindle in chamber during rotation
- Direct immersion of chamber in temperature bath is quick and easy
- Water jacket grips slide over collar and operator manually aligns the collar/jacket assembly to allow easy insertion of chamber containing sample to be tested
Closed tube and spindle made from 316 stainless steel.
The UL Adapter is also available to purchase with an EZ-Lock spindle couple system. This option allows spindles to be quickly attached and removed, and may also help prevent against damage that can occur from frequent spindle changes or multiple users. Please contact Brookfield or an authorized dealer for additional details and part numbers. Existing UL Adapters can also be retrofitted. Please contact Brookfield or an authorized dealer for details and part numbers.
**Note: The EZ-Lock option must be purchased for use with all “EXTRA” series Viscometers/Rheometers as well as all other instruments that have an EZ-Lock spindle coupling system.
|UL Adapter Ranges cP (mPa·s)|
|UL Adapter Ranges cP (mPa·s)|
**Ranges also apply to previous “DV-II” series Viscometers
***Ranges also apply to previous “DV-III” series Rheometers