DV3T Touch Screen Rheometer
Our sophisticated, yet affordable rheometer, combines comprehensive viscosity testing with yield stress measurement capabilities. With a convenient touch screen and many other features, it’s obvious that the DV3T offers the most advanced user experience in viscosity testing and measurement at a much lower cost than other rheometers in its class.
A 7-inch full color touch screen conveniently displays all test parameters along with measured values for yield stress, viscosity and temperature. On screen graphing shows real-time test data which can be captured in stand-alone mode, recorded on a printer or sent to a PC. Built-in math models, such as Power Law, can provide rapid data analysis for flow index and other selectable variables. Quick, straight-forward, single point viscosity is also easily accomplished with the DV3T making it the ideal “all-in-one” instrument for busy QC labs as well as demanding R&D departments doing comprehensive flow behavior.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 7-inch full color, touch screen display supports multiple languages
- Displayed info includes: viscosity (cP/mP·s), temperature (°C/°F), shear rate/stress, % torque, spindle/speed, step program status, math model calculations
- Enhanced Security with customizable user access, date/time stamp file, password access, portable log-in settings
- Built-In options include math modeling, yield tests, timed tests, data averaging, programmable QC limits/alarms, customizable speed/spindle lists, on screen data comparison
- Auto range shows maximum viscosity measured with any spindle/speed combination
- Analyze characteristics such as yield stress, flow curves, leveling and recovery
- Integrated temperature control with connection to a Brookfield TC series bath and AP Controller
- USB PC interface provides optional computer control and automatic data gathering capability (included)
- Download custom test programs with included PG Flash software
- Front-facing bubble level for convenient viewing
- Built-in temperature probe
- Accuracy of ±1.0% of range with displayed test data
- Repeatability of ±0.2%
- NIST traceable viscosity standards available
Each of our standard Laboratory Viscometers/ Rheometers are supplied with an internal spring used to calculate the viscosity of a material. These springs have different measuring capabilities:
LV is for low viscosity materials and can measure the thinnest materials. Typical examples include inks, oils, and solvents.
RV is for medium viscosity materials than those measured with an LV torque. Typical examples include creams, food, and paints.
HA is for higher viscosity materials than those measured with an RV torque. Typical examples include gels, chocolate and epoxies.
HB is for even higher viscosity materials than those measured with an HA torque spring. Typical examples include asphalt, caulking compounds, and molasses.
Additional special springs are also available upon request. To learn more about spring ranges and model selection, please call Brookfield AMETEK or one of our authorized dealers.
LEARN ABOUT VISCOSITY
Need help? Our Education section may be just the thing to clarify unfamiliar terms and help start you on your way to a better understanding of viscosity. Learn about viscosity and rheological relationships, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, and how a Brookfield instrument can help your production process and much more.
HELP ME CHOOSE
Having difficulties determining what instrument is best for you? Try our Help Me Choose section for guidance on the model selection process, spindle construction considerations, and other useful information to help you make an informed decision on the best instrument for your application.
ANNUAL CALIBRATION SERVICE (RECOMMENDED)
We recommend that this instrument be returned to Brookfield or an authorized dealer on an annual basis for our Calibration & Certification Service. Having this annual maintenance done will ensure the instrument’s long life and optimal performance.