Guided Wave Radar Level Measurement
The Impulse Guided Wave Radar
- Easy to use
- Dependable measurements regardless of disturbances
- No calibration required
- Low dielectric measurements down to a dielectric constant of 1.4, suitable for LPG/LNG service
- Hazardous approvals
- Two wire, HART or Modbus digital communication for Class I, Div. 1, Zone 0 installations
- Process temperature: -40 to +392°F (-40 to 200°C)
- Measuring range up to 15 m / 50 ft
- Power requirements: 13 – 30 VDC, I.S. HART Version , 14 – 30 VDC, X.P. HART Version , 11-30 VDC, X.P. Modbus Version (400mw max at 12VDC)
The Impulse is a guided wave radar (TDR) for total level and volumetric measurements on all liquids and slurries. When other water sensors quit the Impulse still delivers reliable measurements.
The Drexelbrook Impulse is a two wire guided wave radar that employs field proven TDR level (Time Domain Reflectometry) technology to provide accurate measurement of Total Level, Distance or Volumetric outputs on all liquids and slurries.
The Impulse is designed to tame even the most difficult level measurement applications and will continue to provide reliable and accurate measurements despite disturbances such as agitated, or irregular surfaces, foam or coating of the probe. It is unaffected by changes in density and dielectric properties, dusts, vapor, and turbulence. The Impulse simply keeps on measuring under conditions where other water level sensors quit.
Offering a wide range of probe types and material selections for all applications this water level sensor is an ideal replacement for costly mechanical dispenser systems.
Due to its easy navigation, push-button configurations and HART communications this guided wave radar is easy to use for any type of user.
Installation takes only a few minutes. Simply select your level measurement type and your language and the Impulse is good to go.
The Impulse guided wave radar is intrinsically safe, explosion proof and non-incendive.
The Impulse requires no calibration or level changes.
- Impulse Approval Certificate CE
- Impulse Approval Certificate ATEX
- Impulse Approval Certificate FM
- Impulse Approval Certificate FMc
- Impulse Approval Certificate INMETRO
- Impulse Approval Control Drawing ATEX
- Impulse Approval Control Drawing FM / FMc
- Impulse Drawing – Heavy Duty Single Cable Single Rod Wave Guide
- Impulse Drawing – Normal Duty Single Cable Single Rod Wave Guide
- Impulse Drawing – Coaxial Wave Guide
- Impulse Drawing – Twin Cable Wave Guide
- Impulse Drawing – Twin Rod Wave Guide